Snomocide or punks who were never taught to behave?

It's been on the news this morning about the bus driver at U of I who quit/was invited to quit after video hit YT of him running over a snowman a bunch of frat boys built in the middle of the road to screw with drivers after a snow storm.

The video the snowman builders shot is here..

Should the school be going after the "kids" too?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:16 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Why did he have to quit for running over a snow man thats stupid?? Am i understanding right???? and the kids should not be phunished either its a snow man.. it takes to 2 to run it over to get it out the way or to get out the car and knok it over???? maybe i misunderstood??? or maybe i understood and i dont guess i think it is a big deal either way....
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I am all for having some fun but that snowman could have been a danger to smaller cars and without a doubt to someone on a motor bike! They'd probably be dead...so YAY for the bus driver for smashing it down flat...IF anyone is going to be punished it should be the young boys.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:29 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Well, call me crazy, but I love nothing more than a good joke, or practical joke. This IS something my son would do. So, I think it is really all blown out of proportion, no harm done, pretty funny actually, if it snows here anytime soon me and my boy will be building a snowman in the middle of the road.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:31 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yes they should be going after the kids. That was stupid and dangerous.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:32 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• me and my boy will be building a snowman in the middle of the road.

Followed by the lawsuit when someone skids into a tree trying not to hit your snowman which, for all they know, has ice or rocks inside it.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I did chuckle when the bus went charging over top the snowman hehe
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:34 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Whatever, I'm building a snowman in the road if it snows here.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:34 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• So true NP and like I said I doubt these boys gave one thought to anyone who might come through on a motor bike..even a small rock in the way can have a biker flying over the bars and bouncing off the asphalt.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• sidesplittinglaughterSnomocide?

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:36 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• It was a road hazzard that the bus driver fixed. I do not see where he was wrong for this. If a small 4 door car had to go into it the driver would have been driving blind for at least a few mins because of it. And like a pp stated they have no way to know that there is not rocks or something else in the middle of it.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 14, 2010