After being exposed to thrush how long should I worry about my little one getting it?

My daughter grabbed another little girls sucky yesterday as soon as I noticed I took it away but my cousin informed me that her little one was being treated for thrush. Just wondering how long I should keep my eye open for it.

Mylees_mommy

Asked by Mylees_mommy at 10:03 AM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Health

• Just in case she was exposed, keep boiling her nipples and binkies everynight to kill any thing that may be on those, it'll thrive if has a chance to grow. Travis had it and that was how we got rid of it, we didn't use any drugs or anyting for it, just kept boiling everything daily. It'll take 7-14 days I believe for it to show up if she was exposed.
    Cassie06

Answer by Cassie06 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Not exactly sure. I had a friend with the same issue. Her older son had it and then put his binky in his baby brother's mouth and he got thrush too but I'm almost positive that her doctor told her that it can't be caught that way since it's a yeast infection. I do know that it can be caught from a mother who is breastfeeding her baby. In that case, you would need to get treated too. Go to www.google.com and type in baby thrush and you will find lots of info! Good luck! My little one had thrush and we had to give her Nystatin which she absolutely LOVED believe it or not and now it's gone!
    TylersMama05

Answer by TylersMama05 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Thrush (Oral Candida Infection) Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis and ...
    Read about thrush, a candida mouth infection that occurs most often in babies, children and those with HIV or cancer. Learn symptoms, diagnosis, treatment ...
    www.medicinenet.com/thrush/article.htm -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2008