Is this a Midwest thing? (B-I-B-L-E song)

We moved to Colorado from Illinois. My 3-year-old went to Sunday school back in Illinois and they sang the B-I-B-L-E song ("The B-I-B-L-E, yes that's the book for me, I stand alone on the Word of God, the B-I-B-L-E!") but at the end, they all yelled, "BIBLE!" and here in Colorado he told me they don't. I was curious and asked the teacher and she'd never heard of it! 25-some years ago when I was learning the song (again, back in Illinois), we always yelled "BIBLE" at the end. So I'm just curious, where are you from and do your Sunday school kids do this?

heydooney

Asked by heydooney at 11:37 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm in northern Iowa, and while I know some area kids/churches/schools do, we don't. I couldn't tell you why, I didn't learn it that way growing up, and it was odd the first time I heard it shouted at the end!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I grew up in Ohio, and I don't remember shouting out the word Bible at the end.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:41 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• we shouted it! lol...up in WVA
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Is it sung to the tune of B-I-N-G-O because if so I recall singing it in Vacation Bible School in Texas when I was like 6 or 7. Don't recall if we shouted at the end or not.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• omg that would drive me nuts. No, I've never heard of that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• It's not to the tune of B-I-N-G-O, at least we don't sing it that way. It's got its own tune as far as I know.
    heydooney

Comment by heydooney (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Never shouted it when I was a kid, and I was raised in Colorado.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:53 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• It was shouted at the preschool I worked at. It is a way to teach kids about the Bible, religion, faith etc and for kids, anytime they can yell, it is fun.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Never shouted, I spent my earlier childhood years in upstate SC.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Grew up in Chicago but never heard of the song. Then again I went to Catholic school and my family isn't religious. I've only been to Sunday school once in my life (at my aunt's Lutheran church in Michigan).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2010