Does any one know how to entertain my 5 month old baby??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You don't have to entertain the baby. Allow the baby to entertain him/herself. I'd talk or sing but not devote all my time to entertaining.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:41 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• that depends on what you mean....at 5 months they really dont self play at all yet, so he isnt going to sit there and play with his rattle on his own. the most entertaining thig for kids that age seems to be faces. so just talk to him, make silly faces at him, show him your tongue, things like that should keep him occupied for a while.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Sing to him, talk to him, hold him and cuddle.

Answer by older at 11:43 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You don't entertain a 5 month old. Actually, you don't entertain children most of the time at any age. But at 5 months old, they are looking and listening to the world around them, sleeping, eating, it's all pretty basic.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• To my 5 month (well 6 months today) old, I sing a song I made up for her. I've been singing every time I get the chance almost since she was born. Her name is Lydia and here it goes:

Lydia
    Lydia
    Look and Little Lydia
    I Like Looking and Lydia
    Lydia is so beatifuL
    I Like Looking...
    I Like Looking...
    I Like Looking...
    At Lydiaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    I Like Looking at Lydia--Yeah!

It her favorite thing in the world. Perhaps you can make up a similar song for your LO.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Let your baby explore :)
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 12:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I "sit" (prop) my 5 month old baby into a sitting position with pillows and put some fun toys in her lap. She will "play" for a while like that, then I move her to her swing for 15 minutes or so, then hold her and sing to her, then move her to her bouncy seat, etc. The key with my daughter is just to keep her moving, since she can't pick most toys up yet she just likes to look and moving her gives here different things to look at. They don't stay entertained for long at this age, so I try to talk to her while I'm doing my chores. She also likes music and hearing me sing along - I got some great kids songs CDs at Target but she also likes my music.

Answer by missanc at 12:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My daughter is 4.5 months old and she picks up a rattle just fine and plays with it. She sits in her walker for a long time playing with all her toys. sing songs, oh put her in front of a mirror (they LOVE that), put her on the floor let her roll around, put pillows around her so she can sit up on her own and put toys in front of her to grab. babies like any attention they get :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 1:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• These are all great ways. Thank you for sharing your stories. I reason I ask is lately it doesn't matter what I do she isn't interested. Ii think she is bored with the same stuff. She has even started fighting nap time..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Talk to them, smile at them, sing, give them one toy at a time, move them after awhile because they get bored.
    frstimemom2010

Answer by frstimemom2010 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2010