how much do i need to sleep at 7 months pregnant?

some nights i can only manage to get 5-6 hours (thanks to the kids) but sometimes i can sleep for 12. what is the right amount so i can shoot for a more rounded energy level all the time?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 11:40 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As stated you just sleep when you can. Cat nap at any chance you get through out the day if you are not sleeping well at night. The hours of sleep are the same as if you were not pregnant but when you are pregnant even sleeping 8 hours doesn't seem like enough at times. It's just your body will have spurts of energy at times and at others it is just zapped of any energy at all. It sucks but we will all come through it. I am 32 weeks pregnant I know how it feels to be huge and have to pee all the time and just feel all together drained but I rely on the help of my family when I am really drained. good luck and if you just want to talk or vent then message me I like venting lol
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You sleep at 7 months pregnant? Lucky!
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• whatever you can get... you waved bye bye to sleep when you found out you were pregnant.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 11:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• well you have other children so you know this.
    staciepi

• The closer it get to you having the baby the less you will sleep trust me get sleep when ever you can!
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 11:41 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• everyone would like to get the recommended 8-10 hours of sleep at night but its not always manageable when you're pregnant and especially when you're pregnant and have kids already. you just have to sleep when you can. your energy levels are going to sink during pregnancy because the baby is sucking a lot of your nutrients out of you. try countering it with more vitamin c, iron and healthy carbs. good luck!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• At least 7 or 8

Answer by older at 11:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• the normal 7-8 hours is the best really, but when your pregnant its hard to get sleep all the time because of all the lovely symptoms that we get, plus if you are already mother then sleep is one of those things that can seem like myth. so just do the best you can on your sleep if you feel like your tiered and are able to lay down then do so, in my first trimester i would have my FIL keep on eye on the kids and lay down even if you dont fall asleep as long as you relaxe you should be good. good luck and congrats
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 11:46 AM on Dec. 14, 2010