is there a rule against getting your hair highlighted by a professional when youre 6-7 months pregnant? or is it just early pregnancy you shouldnt...? or does it matter!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I really do not think it matters.

Answer by older at 11:46 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My doc said it doesn't matter as long as you are having it done in a well-ventilated area. If you're concerned, ask your doctor his opinion.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:46 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• my doctor said that there are no clear studies and that there are no shown risks so if i wanted to dye my hair it was fine.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:52 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yes, it does matter. There are a lot of blood vessel's on your head. It is weird, but it can have a effect on the baby. I got some dandruff shampoo and the pharmacist told me that if I were breastfeeding that it would effect my milk, bc of the blood vessel's on my head. I would hold off and enjoy all natural. LOL

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• One of my teachers told me that, while it's not recommended, there's nothing that proves that highlighting or coloring your hair has any effect on the unborn child.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Just wait the 2-3 months. Why risk it for vanity?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2010