Anyone else have a hypochondriac for a husband?

Every single time a new "study" about some medical thing comes out, my husband thinks he has it. Thanks a lot CNN for your story about snoring. Now my DH is insisting on going to the doctor because he thinks he's "abnormal." Never mind the fact that he doesn't have any of the other "indicators" listed. Good gravy. Next thing you know, doctors are going to claim that talking is a symptom of some serious illness and requires treatment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Health

• Our DH must be related because him and is mother are the same way!!! The one week he kept getting head aches so he went to the and told him that he thought he had a brain tumor!!! Before that he talked to his mother and she agreed!!!!!! UGH!!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 11:56 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yes, it ran in his family!

Answer by older at 11:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• not too bad, he does act like a big baby when he has a cold... his mother on the other hand, that lady thinks she has every disease known to man lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My MIL is the exact same way! Only thing, she really DOES have medical problems. My DH however, every time he goes to the doctor he is declared perfectly fit. Urgh! I just want to scream at him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My DH made me take him to the ER because he thought he was having a heart attack (mind you, his blood pressure is normal, his cholesterol is low, he's dead center in his weight zone. i.e., he's perfectly healthy!). Turns out, he swallowed a chip the wrong way which caused pain. At the rate he's going we're going to go broke because he has every ailment and the insurance will only cover so much.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yes, my husband, has had cat scans testing and on and on and they say he's fine, its always something every day, he has a special cabinet filled with supplements and he has silver machines and all kinds of things but he still insists he has some incurable thing that is surely going to kill him one day, except when hes playing video games with his friends then he's fine as wine...go figure!
    StressedOut107

Answer by StressedOut107 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2010