Why do banks charge a non-sufficient funds fee when they already know there’s not enough money in your account? adult content

lacyjay1987

Asked by lacyjay1987 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• As a deterent to keep you from writing over your limit.

They have to cover the amount until your funds are revived, costing them income.

Because it's a big source of revenue for them to punish you for writing checks when you already know you don't have the funds to cover it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:56 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• To hold the account holder responsible for their actions. Why spend what you know you do not have?
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:53 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Agree with the first poster.

Answer by older at 11:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• In all my years of banking I've only had 1 NSF and it was only a $6 check to my daughter's school for a fundraiser that I completely forgot to record in the register. To find that they wouldn't even cover the $6 but still charged me $34 had me livid. I've never been in the negative, never overdraft, plenty of money in my savings, banking with them for 4+ years. Banks rob more people than people ever rob them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Good answer, Tiddliwinks! I agree.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You can have it where if you try to purchase something but you don't have enough money in the bank they can decline your card or check. Other than that they have to get their money somewhere.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 11:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I agree this was for me to see hwat you all responded... it was just for fun lol i dont know what it has the caution thing lol
    lacyjay1987

Comment by lacyjay1987 (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2010