Did yo know diet drinks are worse then non diet drinks?

1.You might notice that you get bloated if you decide to drink diet soda. The main reason is because the carbonation that can be found in diet soda leads to fluid retention. This could be the reason that you might begin to notice a little bit of a "pouch" if you are drinking a lot of diet soda lately. Although you might think that you will lose a whole lot of weight through drinking diet soda, the truth is that you could end up feeling as though you are losing less weight with regular soda because of the amount of water weight that you could end up gaining from diet soda.

2. One of the main reasons that you night be drinking this is because it is low in sugar. However, did you ever wonder if it was low in anything else? Just because diet soda is low in sugar does not mean that it isn't loaded in other things. In fact, diet soda has an extremely high sodium content. One of your main questions might be if sugar or sodium intake is worse. The answer is that you can really flip a coin or take your pick. Both are not healthy when they are drank excessively.

3. Diet soda contains Aspartame, which is highly unhealthy for your body- in more ways than one. If you did not already know, ten percent of Aspartame consists of methanol, also known as wood alcohol, which is an extremely deadly poison. Eventually, once you have consumed it, methanol will turn into formic acid and formaldehyde while it is in your body. Both of these things are, of course, poisonous to the body. What's worse is that Aspartame has been known to vision complications among humans, as well as seizures and brain tumors among animals. Overall, it is definitely safe to say that Aspartame is not something that you would want to consume if you were able to choose not to.

4. You might find yourself wanting to snack a whole lot more, which could defeat the purpose of incorporating diet soda into your diet if you are trying to lose weight. Nutrasweet, which is often found in different types of diet sodas, is known to cause excessive hunger or thirst. Another reason that you will probably find yourself feeling thirsty after you have drank diet soda is because it contains so much sodium, which is known to cause constant thirst.

lacyjay1987

Asked by lacyjay1987 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The thing that psses me off the most about sodas is when you see parents letting their toddlers drink it!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 12:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Sodas are all bad!

Answer by older at 12:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• When I went for my regular check-up my doctor said that I haven't lost any weight since last year, but at least I haven't gained, and at least I'm not dring diet soda. I asked how he knew that. He said that he has noticed that everytime he has a patient with a muffintop, roll of fat around the middle, that they drink diet soda. I thought that was very interesting. Now when I see someone with a muffintop, I check to see if they drink diet soda, so far, they all do.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• The sweeteners r all bad news,especially for your teeth!!! It is a proven fact that those sweeteners r alot worse for u then real sugar!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• yes i knew that because diet sodas are usually sweetened with aspartame. same goes for lowfat yogurt. i rarely drink soda but if i do i drink regular.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• All soda is bad.. it is better to drink regular if you drink it at all but.. yes, I did know that.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i AGREE ALL SODA IS BAD... I love water but every now and then i get a pop.. lol.. i take sips of the hubbys lol
    lacyjay1987

Comment by lacyjay1987 (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• sweetners are horribal for you
    lacyjay1987

Comment by lacyjay1987 (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i have fat around my mid section and it's from being huge while pregnant lol nothing to do with the kind of things i drink (i hate diet drinks btw) i'm just having a hard time toning the loose skin lmao
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• But I prefer the taste of the diet to the regular which just feels like it's rotting teeth out of my head. Nasty. Honestly who cares? I'd rather drink diet soda and get my calories from food rather than the 200 something calories in a regular soda and then I can't have dessert. lol
    Anonymous