What issues do you think Michelle Obama will champion as First Lady?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I can't wait to find out actually!
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 5:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• She has already said she wants to work with military families to help them and support them while their loved ones are serving their country.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I havent the foggiest idea. Maybe something with intercity kids, the elderly, I truly dont know. Those are just my ideas.
    Anonymous

• I bet she gets her daughters involved. Also I can see her taking an interest in the issues affecting Africa (not just because she is black) with AIDS and poverty and the conflicts there. But Oprah has been a big part of their campaign and the problems in Africa are something she feels very strongly about.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 5:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• She said in an interview she hope to be more like Laura Bush and Less like Hillary Clinton...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Who cares? I am sure any cause would love to have the support of the future first lady. I would hope that it would be something for OUR country though.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• We actually talked about this at a military wives function I attended before the election. And the consensus amongst our group was, while we wouldn't discourage her. We would not feel she is as "understanding" to the challenges of military life would be as Cindy (her son serving in Iraq). And many felt she would be more apathetic to the true issues that concern military families...
    Anonymous

• You can't give her the benefit of the doubt first? Then cast judgment after?
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 5:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I think that being a mother is universal. We all feel the same about protecting our children. This is is where every and any mother is the same. I don't know that you have to be a military family to empathize. Having said that we who do not have husbands and children at war do recognize (i think) that we do not know what it is like to walk in the shoes of those who do. Any support should be appreciated and welcomed if indeed this is a cause that Michell Obama decides to champion.
    Actress.Mom

Answer by Actress.Mom at 5:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

Excellent post.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2008