IM 5 WEEKS AND IM WONDERING IF I DRINK A CUP OF COFFEE ITS BAD FOR MY BABY?

ANAKLETA

Asked by ANAKLETA at 12:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no,just go easy on the caffeine overall

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My Dr. said 2 cups a day was just fine...but remember that soda and chocolate, etc. also have caffeine, so factor that in also. Enjoy! I couldn't live without my coffee! Oh, and I had 2 healthy babies =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• THANK YOU LADIES
    ANAKLETA

Comment by ANAKLETA (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• ITS BECAUSE RIGHT NOW VERY COLD IN HERE BUT DONT WANT TO HURT MY BABY....
    ANAKLETA

Comment by ANAKLETA (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would wait till about 3 months to have that cup of coffee. That way if anything comes up you know you won't blame it on that cup of coffee. You know how they say you can have certain cheese's and no deli meats... I waited a while and I LOVE SUBss I just went crazyyy craving them and gave in and I was fine..wanted that Ham and cheese sub soo bad.. Anyways one caffeine drink won't hurt. just be careful.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 12:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I had one cup of coffee every day for my entire pregnancy and nobody suffered any ill effects. While a ton of caffeine is not good, one cup usually doesn't hurt anything.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• A cup a day should be fine. Moderation. The thing to avoid right now is artificial sweeteners. My high risk OB says they are not good for baby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• A cup won't hurt anything. Don't go for a pot a day. Or drink decaf. Limit yourself.
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 1:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You're fine, but you might want to switch to decaf.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I never heard that one cup of coffee was bad. Think of all of these people running around who's mother's did not even expect they were pregnant until 5 weeks! ( and all of the coffee they drank) i drank coffee and my 13 yr old is well adjusted, healthy and an A B student in accelerated classes. I like to think it might be the coffee that did it ! Bless your heart for being so conscientious of your child. You will be a great mom.

notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2010