i need advice on a very hard decision..

so i went to the doctor for a check up yesterday. only to discover that i never passed the baby after my miscarriage. its been 2weeks since they told me miscarriage. the doctor gave me a choice of being induce and give birth or get a d&c. i dont know what to choose.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• For some mom's, labor and birth IS a healing process.
    A D&C on a 19 week fetus will be gruesome, however you will be asleep for the procedure and will not remember a thing.

How do you want to grieve AFTER the baby is out? Do you want time to see the baby and hold him/her? You wont be able to do that if you have a D&C.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 6:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Choose the D&C, the other would be traumatic.

Answer by older at 12:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'm so sorry. I think a D&C would be easier on you emotionally.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• How far along were you when you miscarried? If not far, I would probably have a d&c, but I've never been in that boat, so I don't know the pros and cons of either of them. Sorry
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would def do the d&c!! Seeing the fetus could be very tramatizing!! A miscarrige is hard enough!!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 12:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• D&C
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Under 12 weeks do a D&C. Past 12 weeks, well it depends how far past twelve weeks. I'm sorry for your loss.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i was 19weeks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I agree with those moms who say a D&C. I can't imagine going through delivery knowing what awaited you after all that effort. A D&C will be much less traumatic, I would think. I'm very sorry for your loss, dear.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 12:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I have had a d&c. It burns a little and stings when you urinate for a couple days after. It is done in just about an hour or so. They sent me home with darvocets to last a day or two.
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 1:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2010