how can i get my lil gurl to go to sleep

she says up late and the n she gets up late for school

gangestbitch12

Asked by gangestbitch12 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Set a earlier bedtime and stick to it. My daughter knows when bedtime is and there are no exceptions to the rule during the school week. On weekends, I allow her to stay up a little bit past her normal bedtime. It also helps to have a set routine such as bath, brush teeth, read, etc.
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 5:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My daughter crys every night when she has to go to bed (even though I did not put her in school this year and I let her stay up most nights with me) she still has to go to bed before me, I need me time. But she knows she has to go tinkle, then brush her teeth, oh she crys the whole time, but I introduced every night bed time story. So, I explain if you dont stop crying no bedtime story she shuts up most of the time, and sometimes I told her if she went to sleep she would get a suprise tommorrow if she was good (I would give her a banana something she was going to get anywase but shes so proud of herself she doesnt care) and when I read her bedtime story she closes her eyes before Im finished and acts like shes sleeping (and I always say aww we have a big girl already sleeping)
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 1:42 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Force her to get up for school. Then she won't be going to sleep so late at night. Also if she is still taking a nap, don't let her. Some kids need to not have a nap in order to go to bed on time.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 8, 2008