How do you nicely decline to give someone your address?

There is this girl that I used to be friends with a LONG time ago before she started stealing and using me. ANYWAY I have moved and I really do not want to give her my address for a Christmas card because once she has it I know she will drop by a NEED me to watch her three kids for free because of an emergency that does not exist. Then wont come back and get them for a day or two.

Misteh

Asked by Misteh at 12:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• You simply say "No thank you." Then when she says "why not?" you have license to tell her "Because I don't like being taken advantage of by you dropping off your kids for 2-3 days."
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Simply ignore the request like you didn't hear her or never got it.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Just say NO!

Answer by older at 12:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Simply don't give it to her. You don't need a reason, an excuse, or an explanation. No is a perfectly acceptable response.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• tell her you'll send HER one,then don't

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Don't answer the ph when she calls. If you see her, she might appreciate the honesty. You could say, I am not giving you my address, you used me in the past. I cannot trust you and walk away...or lie and give her a fake po box. Hahaha
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• If she was careless about your time, effort, property, feelings, and convenience, why do need to be or care about being nice to her? Say that you do not want her to have your address. And when she asks why, tell her "I think that you can figure that out for yourself."
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 12:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'd simply tell her I only give that out to my family and close friends--- and you don't qualify for either!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Can you ignore the phone call or email
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 12:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would just say that you don't want to give out your address. You're only giving the address to very close friends and family. Or you could just ignore her calls and/or emails.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2010