What in the hell is wrong with my mouse?

Every once in a while, my cursor freezes just where ever it happens to be. While it is working, I have to treat it like a friggin egg. When it freezes, I typically have to restart the pc to fix it.

gatorswife

Asked by gatorswife at 12:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Technology

• It's probably not the mouse but the computer itself. Most likely a memory issue (as in there isn't enough memory or it's being taken up by other programs...there are a lot running in the background).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• It is dying get a new one.

Answer by older at 12:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'm not sure. Sometimes the mouse on my laptop goes hay wire and I have to either press down on the button to turn it off and then back on or as you do, restart the whole thing.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I had that problem too. Or if I was online, the program would stop responding. It wasn't the mouses' fault, it was my laptop. DH got more memory for the laptop and I haven't had a problem since.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 12:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Do you have a bundled system, e.g. land line phone, internet, and TV? Sometimes all those cables get mixed up and then you have slow downs or misses. Or if you are running a lot of music, games, etc. you may need a bigger capacity graphics card, etc. to handle everything.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 9:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2010