ultrasound

i just got an ultrasound @ 18 weeks 4 day and the doctor said i think its a girl but the tech at first said she couldn't tell. is it common not to be able to tell???anyone have any stories

kiya_ma

Asked by kiya_ma at 12:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didn't find out I was having a girl until 35 weeks! She was stubbon.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 4:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I didn't get my ultrasound until 20 weeks. By then it was pretty obvious that we were having a boy.

A family member just had a baby. They went the entire pregnancy thinking they were having another girl because of what they were told during the ultrasound. When the baby was born they were very surprised to find out that the baby was a boy. Best of luck to you. I hope you are able to get a more definitive answer.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yup some little boys dont get their parts until 20 weeks, so it's possible not to be able to tell.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• If the tech said she couldn't tell,go with that
    just because they didn't see a winkie it doesn't mean its a girl. It could be he's just shy lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• With my son I was 20 weeks and it was obvious he was a boy. With DD I was 18 weeks and it was obvious it was a girl. The tech may have only gotten a flash of the area and not had time to determine the lines to decide if it was a girl for certain. With girls they are looking for 3 little lines. So they have to be in just the right position and holding fairly still at that point in gestation to get a good look.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Both the boy I'm carrying now, and my 3yo DS, decided to flash their parts to the world during their US, but this time around, he was a little slow about it. He was in the wrong position when the tech first started, and moved during the ultrasound to a better position.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 12:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• They wouldn't even do mine until past 20 weeks. The ultrasound tech said that as long as the private parts are clear, they can tell with 100% accuracy.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My OB told me he "thought" it was a girl, but wouldn't say for sure until he could clearly see the 3 lines. He did an ultrasound at every appointment for me until we saw for sure. (but that was 9 years ago)

Answer by missanc at 1:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I was told that to, about my dd. If you see three lines, that is a good indication that the sex of the baby will be a girl.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 4:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2010