does your baby grind his/her teeth and what to do?

my little girl is 10 1/2 mo and is geeting her 4th tooth
is grinding bad?
will it pass?
is it b/c her tooth is hurting?

kayliesmommy538

Asked by kayliesmommy538 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son started doing that too, and I was told i was ok, and it will pass. its from teething. If you are really concerend I would consult a Denist, but there is nothing they can do, since they are to small for mouth guards.
    Codysmommy639

Answer by Codysmommy639 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My son did that and it made me cringe every time! My son did it when he was getting a tooth in and usually stopped after it came in. Grinding is bad for your teeth. So, if it continues or if you are really concerned, ask your doctor. I know in older children and adults teeth guards are used if there is a problem with it.
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 5:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I don't remember any of mine doing it that young, but my younges dd does it now and she's six. I too cringe everytime!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My son started doing it when he was teething and still does sometimes. He is now 6. I freaked afraid of the damage but the dentist says he can not see any damage from it. There have been times when it was multiple times a night for weeks. It has lightened up now but it still happens. Most grow out of it, mine hasn't yet. I still mention it at every dentist visit to have them check.
    graybugsmom

Answer by graybugsmom at 8:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2008