have you forgiven your abuser , and what does that mean to you ?

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• No I haven't, I don't even like to think about him or that he even exists. He costed me a child.
    Anonymous

• Yes and it really set ME free!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• when you move on in your life is when you release his abuse and hold upon you . as for forgiving i don't think so.maybe with time.
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 12:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yes I have and it means I dont hold to something that makes me angry. I will always remember it because it has scarred me permanently. I forgave so i could move on with myself and never need to worry about the person
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• yes and it means I have peace about things. Forgiveness is about me, not about him.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i dont think i could ever forgive him. but i am at peace with it for me. i will always remember it.. but now i can go on with my life and sleep soundly at night
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 12:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Forgive? No. Never.
    I have gotten closure though, and have been able to move on and enjoy my life.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I forgive for myself not for them it helps me move on.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I haven't been able to forgive anything about what was done to me and frankly I am not sure I can.. I try but idk i just can't but a few years ago I decided I didn't hate him anymore and that seemed like a huge burden lifted from my shoulders. Who knows maybe one day I can forgive him.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I have forgiven those that abused me as a child. I view them now with sadness and pity instead of the anger and hurt I used to feel. They may have hurt me but I can't imagine being them and having to live in my own skin knowing what I did. They had their own mental torchure to live and die with.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2010