I am an older mom, so I am wondering if younger moms are interested in toys that their children can learn social lessons from? I do not mean electronics of any kind.

mysiblingdolls

Asked by mysiblingdolls at 5:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The Best Me I Can Be Boxed Set: I Accept You As You Are!, I Am Generous!, I Am Responsible!, I Can Cooperate!, I Show Respect!, I Tell the Truth!, I'm a Good Friend!, I'm in Charge of Me! [BOX SET] (Paperback) by David Parker (Author), Jill Dubin (Illustrator).

Talk And Work It Out (Learning to Get Along) (Paperback)by Cheri J. Meiners (Author)

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I got these from Amazon.com but I'm sure you can get them from any local bookstore or library. There are others also, but I think these might be helpful. Hope this helps some!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• HOme made things work great as well. And your kids can make them along with you if they are old enought, preschool and up.
    Sensory bottles. Get some used clear water bottles, fill them with many things. My fave is molasses and glitter (don't fill it the entire way though, leave room for it to move in the bottle). Another, water and you can use food coloring, and put beads or glitter or whatever creative thing you can think of in there!!!
    Decorate paper towel tubes and make telescopes. Or toilet paper tubes glued together for binoculars.
    I used to teach preschool....am thinking of starting it in my home again after the new year. But does that answer your question? Not sure if you were looking for ideas or just wanting to know if any of us still do old fashioned things. Write me back if you have any further questions or ideas!!!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Oh, and I also worked with special needs children for 5 years and we did a lot of different sensory activities (for all senses) that would be great to do with young kiddies!!!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2008