Would you and your family be able to live on $4200 a month?

Where do you live? Do you have to pay for health insurance or is it covered by your state? Are you receiving help from the government? Just curious. I am finding it very difficult to budget for this much money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'd think I was rich if I had that much money per month. I live on 1/4 that amount.
    Anonymous

• Live in So Cal and we could if we had to. We would have to cut a few things but we could do it with no assistance.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• We live on way less then that. We do not have any government assistant. We live in ND. We pay for some of our health insurance.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I have four kids and we are bringing in around that much. It really doesn't go that far. And it never seems to come in the right incriments. We aren't lacking things, but we are tight right now.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• How many people are in your family? That makes a huge difference too. Because I know of a lot of families that live on well under $50K a year, which is what 4200 a month equals out to.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I have a family of 7 and we live on about that. We live in Raleigh, NC. We have to pay for health insurance - it's through my husband's work but around 4K/year. I am not receiving help from the government - we don't qualify even with 7 people. Are things tight? Yes, but we don't have any debt other than our mortgage and we live on a budget.

Answer by missanc at 12:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yes I could easily live off that much. Right now I live off $1500 a month.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• We couldn't do it with our existing lifestyle, but we have been able to do it in the past, without assistance.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• yes. I'm a family of 4 and that's what our income is
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I have lived on less than 1,000 a month for the last 10 years. I would definitely feel rich and would not need any foodstamps.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 12:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2010