What should I make for dinner using skinless, boneless chicken breast? Keep it simple, I have been sick. Not trying to spend 3 hrs over the stove.

gatorswife

Asked by gatorswife at 12:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Grilled chicken, risotto, and a veggie (asparagus, broccoli, or maybe a veggie blend) Simple and quick.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• There are a million things you can do with boneless skinless breast. One of my kids favorite -- season with salt and pepper, put into baking dish and cover with cream of mushroom soup and bake at 350 for 35 min. great with mashed potatoes and a veg.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 1:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• you can boil it, cut it up and add it to yellow rice. we love peas with our chicken & yellow rice
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'd grill it and toss it in some fettucini with a garlic alfredo sauce (since you've been sick, time saver is jarred sauce). Then maybe a salad and garlic bread. All quick and easy. Hope you fell better!
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 1:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I make an easy meal that takes about 15 minutes prep. Rinse your chicken, set it in a tinfoil pocket (I usually just line a baking pan with foil) add carrots, onions, mushrooms, and potato slices or cubes, a spoonful of butter, salt and pepper. Cover with more foil, and toss in the oven for 45 minutes at 375. I always double check the thickest piece of chicken to make sure it's cooked all the way through before serving. Tasty.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 1:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Boil it, shred it, throw some bbq sauce on it (or - throw it in the crock pot with the bbq sauce over it and shred when done), serve on buns/rolls with a veggie & fruit on the side, and some chips maybe. You'll have every food group but your dairy then.
    Anonymous

• You can make pasta. Cut up chicken, cook, and throw in some veggies with the noodles. Throw in chicken!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Get a box of minute rice and a can of cream of chicken soup and follow the recipe for chicken and rice on the back of the box.
    Joyzap2003

Answer by Joyzap2003 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Take boneless chicken, toss with 1/2c water, 1/4 c balsamic vigegar and a packet of italian dressing mix. Let sit for 30 min. Bake until cooked through. Serve with steamed veggies and the rice or pasta of your choice.

OR chop up the cooked chicken and serve over a salad or in sandwiches.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 8:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2010