Nylons or not? (Formal Holiday Party!)

So my husbands job has a big formal Christmas party every year. I have a knee length red dress and OPEN TOE gold shoes. My legs are WHITE so I should wear nylons but the shoes are open toe...I can't get any toeless nylons because no one around here carries them. So wear nylons with the open toe shoes or bare leg it and glow? LOL!

HannahMayr

Asked by HannahMayr at 1:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Aw man, I was going to say toeless! They saved me at my brother's wedding! ..but then I read the rest of your question. Isn't there any way to get them delivered from somewhere? The shipping can't possibly be that much... when is the party... shoot I'll mail you some LOL!

Me personally, I wouldn't let white legs stop me from going bare-legged, especially in the winter. But if it bothers you, what about spray-tan or something? It's just one part of your body, and just for one night, right?

Good luck and have fun at the party!! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You could also fake'n'bake --either at a salon or from a drugstore. No reason to do your whole body if you'd just like legs that match your hands... follow label instructions carefully. They mean every word of it.

If you're under about 50, nylons are out... unless they're black, patterned or some deranged colour. Bare legs are the thing these days, since now that no one is wearing them it's weird to have darker legs than arms. Or, in the case of most 'nude' stockings, just a completely different colour legs from arms.

You can also just get some glow moisturizer --a little bit of sparkle will make them look more festive, like really sheer tights without the silly toe problem.

If you have a dance supply store near you, you can get toeless tights.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Spray tan!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• The party is tonight...I'm wondering if target carries the toeless nylons...
    HannahMayr

Comment by HannahMayr (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I don't really want to risk a spray tan since the party is tonight...
    HannahMayr

Comment by HannahMayr (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would keep looking around for the toeless type, or pick out another pair of shoes that are closed toed. They do sell something that is supposed to be like a spray on nylon, but I have no idea if it works well or not. I just remember seeing it on the shelf (probably somewhere like Target), and thought it was interesting.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'd buy different shoes and wear nylons.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Do you absolutely have to wear gold shoes?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:25 AM on Dec. 15, 2010