6-week ultrasound

I have my first U/S scheduled for next Friday, December 23. I will be just over 6 weeks and wondering what I can expect to see if all is well?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 1:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it will be internal and you'll see likely the heartbeat, sac, etc.... will look like a kidney bean
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• you wont see much but a tiny spot. they're probably just doing one now to try and better confirm your due date by checking your baby's size and measurements.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I agree with the pp.... you'll see a bean, for lack of better words, lol! A heartbeat too!
    momof4qtz

Answer by momof4qtz at 1:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I have no idea. I only had one done and that was at 20 weeks.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• internal meaning vaginally, not on your belly like you see on movies. That comes later, like about 12+ weeks ... so your next ultrasounds.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• yeah will be done internally as i had that done i was just over 7weeks, we saw and heard a little hearbeat and saw a tiny little thing looked like a peanut, but when you get the next one at around 12weeks it will be by the belly and you see a baby with its hands n legs
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Thank you! We are trusting that all is well. We m/c at 12 weeks in June and never got to see our little bean (as I wasn't scheduled for my 1st U/S until 13 weeks along) so this is a treat! They just want to confirm that all is well and progressing normally. It will be a wonderful Christmas present.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I agree with all above, it is like a sack and a precious little form in it and you will be so excited to see it and hear the heat beat, My DD is having twins and they put it on You Tube so all the family could see. It's a wonderful experience, congrats and GL.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• it is the most amazing thing in the world
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 1:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I just had mine at 8 weeks and it really didnt look like anything, it did have a heart beat though LOL.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2010