Ever had your credit card decline? I was humiliated!

It was at our new pediatrician's office no less. A stinking $10 co-pay declined because my bone head husband decided that he wasn't going to pay attention to the hoards of money he's been spending lately. I'm so tired of his irresponsibility. And yea, I TOLD him about the doc appt a million times.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• It's happened to me a couple of times. The worst was after a big deposit was made into our account. I went shopping and went to pay for it and my card was declined. I almost lost my card because I was so upset I just walked away. Fortunately someone turned my card into customer service. Turns out though that it was the card reader that was messed up.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• we have only 1 bank card (wellsfargo) and they let it go thru no matter what. i've gotten some bank fees but never had card declined. not on a purchase at least. ATM = yes. thankfully I was alone in line
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Oh, I HATE that! It happened to me once too and it was embarrassing. Now I check my balance before I go to spend on a card, don't want to go through that again!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I had that happen once as well. Our bank now lets you chose if you want it to be declined or go through and then pay fees.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I've never had it happen, but I used to wait tables and it happens all the time. Don't be embarrassed or feel bad! We all know how it could happen with joint accounts.

Answer by missanc at 1:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Know what you mean about being embarrassed  but with the way the economy is that is happening more and more

Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 1:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• my husbands card is always declined at GNC when he gets his protein shakes. its the stupid computer. if they type it in manually its fine. mine has only been declined once because i visited my mother, she went into my wallet, wrote down my card information, tried to order stuff online. i then tried to use my card at FYE and it was declined. i went to an atm to check my balance, it ate my card and the screen said "lost card" i went to the bank and saw the charges. she ordered a bunch of cloths and because of that i looked too broke to buy a couple horror movies
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I've never had a credit card. I never really understood the rules about them so i avoided them. But yeah I would be mad at my husband.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 1:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• YES, at a freaken walmart of all places! When i got home & called the card company, they said all was good & i should be able to use it fine. The freaken lady at the counter kept telling me i had no credit! I wanted to slap her & yes, it was VERY embarrassing, especially since i was only spending 10 bucks!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• That's why I don't use a credit card for such a small amount. If I was going in knowing I only had to spend $10 I'd make sure (and do make sure) I have a $10 bill on me.
    Anonymous