Am I overreacting?

So I get a email from the rental office saying that my emails are unprofessional. Now when I am writing the office I do not use abusive language, slang, bad grammer, or anything that would be unprofessional. I even spell check. I never made my emails "professional" I would just write them simple and to the point. All emails have been about payment, like once I needed a letter to show the amount late so I could get funding via my college or asking for more explaination in a letter I may have recieved.

I kinda feel insulted.hurt that she would say my letter are unprofessional. I never meant them to be that way. I just wanted them clear and to the point. Should I be offended or overreacting?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 1:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• What is your job & who are you writing these emails to?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I am a college student (medical assisting) and I am writing to the property manager.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Well...you're not communicating with them as a professional, you're communicating with them as a tenant. They are the professionals, not you.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would talk to whoever is above that person & ask what the issue is & how you can fix it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Sorry I think you are overreacting. Emails to friends are one thing-they know you on a personal level but to businesses are different. You need to be a little more professional for them to take you serious.

SueAnd2

Answer by SueAnd2 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Since it's not a job that you are writing these letters for, they are out of line. Who the hell do they think they are? LOL!
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'd ask the smart alec who wrote you that email to send an example of what he/she thinks is the proper format. He/She/It is just being a jerk.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Right that is what I am thinking. I never once said I was a professional. Most people who live here are students...the university is right next door. So I am lost with her comment. I explain things to her and she seems to forget. Like I told her about my payment schedule and about my job and she can't remember a damn thing. I try to be level with her but it is realy annoying. I'm stressed daily and to get a letter like that is uncalled for. I know soetimes when your angry you can over react so that is why i wanted other opinions.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Their comment was offensive... so you have every right to be offended. Who r these pp and how dare they??? it sounds a little personal to me.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 1:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I agree with UpSheRises.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 2:03 PM on Dec. 14, 2010