Has anybody ever baptisted their baby later?

My son is almost 14 months and I still haven't, I don't attend church. I'm wondering if I will be able to do it still?

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 2:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can baptize at any age, even 101.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My DH's little brother was baptized at 8 years old, but he & his 2 older brothers were baptized as infants. They were all baptized in the same Lutheran church. Being baptized at different times made no difference for them religiously, but it may be different with different denominations.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My son was 10 or 11 months old, I think. I'm sure you can do it at 14 months too...
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 2:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My son is 18 months old and we still have not baptized him....We are going to try to get together with a friend of ours who we want to do the baptism. He is a chaplin in the army and also our sons Godfather. We dont want anyone else to do it. But at the same time DH wants to wait until DS can understand a religion and let him make that decision. I was baptized when I was 5 or 6. My sister was baptized as an infant. I dont think age has anything to do with it. I know people who were baptized after they were 18. For me its just when you feel right...or when your child feels that it is the right time.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You can baptize at any age!
    We did it when DD was 11 months old.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You get can be baptized at any age, so don't worry there's not a time limit! :)
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 2:11 AM on Dec. 15, 2010