titanium rings...can they be resized?

My husband has lost about 40lbs since we got married 7yrs ago and he can't wear his ring anymore cause it just falls off. I would like to get it resized for him for Christmas if it can be. And if it can't be I want to get him a new band. His wedding band is black titanium and he says they can't be resized. Is that true?

kamerynsmama

Asked by kamerynsmama at 2:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• yes it can. How do you think it was made?!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• When we were looking for band for my hubby the jeweler told us they can not be resized. Good for your hubby.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 2:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Butterfly your nothing but a smartass, just like LindaClement!
    Anonymous

• Titanium cannot be resized. It should have a lifetime warranty though. My husband's titanium wedding band ended up getting a horrible scratch...no clue how he did it! But we took it back to the jewelers I bought it from with no receipt or anything, and they replaced it right then and there.
    Gemska

Answer by Gemska at 2:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Jquevara thank you. I am very proud of him. He looks great. But it sucks he can't wear his ring anymore.

Gemska thanks. I will call the Jewelers we went to and find out. I still have my papers from it somewhere but we have moved so many times since I have no idea where to look.
    kamerynsmama

Comment by kamerynsmama (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Your DH was right, they can't be re-sized. Maybe you could trade it in on a new band?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• btw - they can't be re-sized because of the type of metal they are; they can't be soldered. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• no they cant we asked about getting DH's re-sized and they said it was not possible.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• It can be re-sized, the same way it can be made in the first place. If it's not possible to work titanium, it's not possible to make it into rings, either.

It may be that you need tof ind a specialist who works titanium... or that there are designs or finishes that will be lost if it's re-sized.

Oooh, look, I'm famous with anonymous people...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• problem is we cant afford to pay a specialist to resize it. thanks for all your answers. it was very helpful.
    kamerynsmama

Comment by kamerynsmama (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2010