Food Stamps?

I am 4 months pregnant and the daddy and I live together. I work a min wage job and he makes 11.55/hr. Does anyone think we will be able to get food stamps? Do they calculate rent and eletric bill? Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• call your social services , ,each state is different , you probly will
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• They calculate family size and income I believe. I highly doubt you'll qualify.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• It depends on where you live. I've never gotten them, so I don't know what they include but you should be able to google food stamps and where you live (ie "food stamps NC") and find a link to income limits, etc. But I wouldn't think you would qualify with both of you working. You might be able to qualify for WIC though, I understand the limits aren't as strict.

Answer by missanc at 2:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• If your income is less than your rent and utilities and other bills, you should be able to. They will need rent receipts and the amount of car payments, electric, water, and other bills to calculate.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 2:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I bet you'll qualify. Call your local office and I bet the first to answer your call will be able to tell you for sure. : )

Good luck! :D
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 2:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Probably not but it never hurts to try...it varies from state to state. In Tn they do calculate your rent and electric with you income so that helps some too. Once the baby is born you can always reapply maybe with an extra person on there you may get them. Have you applied for WIC? You can get wic while you're preggo it will bring in a few extra groceries also.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• maybe? it does depend on all the expenses you have in your household and the anount of income that you have. some states limits are higher then others, if you tell me what state your in i can try to find out for you.
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Depends on where you live - you can make three times as much living in Hawaii and get them as you can here, for example. Use google to find the requirements for your state. It is based on how much is coming into your family, not what is going out.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I doubt you would qualify for food stamps but I bet you would qualify for WIC no problem.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• They count assets as well...house, car, etc.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2010