Do you think you can control your thoughts?

Or do you think your thoughts are sort of on Auto pilot, just "thinking" as they please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Both.

I know they're going to drift along making connections and doodling around without any sense of direction at all... and I know that I can direct them by choice, particularly with lots and lots of practice.

I can't stop thoughts from thinking, but I can change what I think of them
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• it can be done , if a person is in the state of mind for it
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Thoughts are random but you choose what you dwell on. Sometimes you have to choose to put a thought or thinking pattern aside. Thoughts are powerful. A thought becomes an action, an action becomes a habit and a habit is who you are. Be careful what you think about.

SueAnd2

Answer by SueAnd2 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• It's a combination of the two ... thoughts that pop up unconsciously and what you choose to think about and focus on.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I admit that I have a lot of things going through my head at times. Sometimes my mental answer is sarcastic, but I don't say it. I think of something else to say instead. I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2010