I had a second interview Friday. Said they would make a decision on Monday. I haven't heard anything. Should I email them?

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• You could email them thanking them for their time and the opportunity to try for the job, and to let them know that you're still interested in the position.

Even if they've chosen someone else, that minor politeness will come as such a total surprise to them that if they first person doesn't work out, you may shoot to the top of the Second Place list.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would call the person you interviewed with and ask if they have made any decisions. I wouldn't email.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Call and check in. Keep your name in their head, but don't be annoying. Just call them to thank them for the opportunity to interview with them and say you are still very interested and wondering if they'd made any progress in choosing someone for the position. don't worry yourself either. My current job I was supposed to find out on a Monday if I got it, and I didn't find out til the end of the week.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 2:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• first you might want to send a thank you note and then follow up with a visit to the company. Make sure that you keep your name and face in their memory and if it is a job you really want if the job comes avaialbel again feel free to reapply. I got a job once just because I kept applying but make sure you really want this job because I got the job I kept applying for but later really regretted it. don't forget to be careful what you aks for. lol
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 2:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I already sent the Thank you, now what?
    sunshine58103

Comment by sunshine58103 (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I sent it out on Friday after the interview.
    sunshine58103

Comment by sunshine58103 (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I was going to say send them a thank you note for their time. They may have made their decision, but they should let you know either way.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You can call the office and ask with out telling them your name. If you don't want to seem too pushy. Honestly if they said they would call you just wait.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Just wait.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I agree with mmmegan38; call the office to see if the position has been filled, but other than that, you'll have to play the waiting game.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 10:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2010