Is it OK to bath a sick kid with the non-sick kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't. .....
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• If they haven't been exposed to it yet, I'd be beyond amazed. If they can be in the same room, what difference can it make if they're in the same bath?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• well in our house when one gets sick they all get sick so unless its something serious I wouldnt think it would matter.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't. I always tried to keep the sick child separate from the ones that weren't sick anyway, try to limit the spread of germs. It's no guarantee, but why would you increase the risk??
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• its kind of impossible (and cruel almost) to quarantine one of your kids in a room all day because they're sick, inevitably they will come in contact with their siblings. i would think giving them a bath together is no different then sitting at the dinner table together or playing together.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't. Too easy to contaminate the well child. Sitting across a table or in the same room but not close enough to breathe any coughed or exhaled germs is different.

Answer by Bmat at 2:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I say it depends what the kid's sick with. If it's resperitory/cold/sinus junk, go for it, can't hurt. If it's stomach stuff (diarrhea especially) then bathe seperately.
    Anonymous

• Doesn't matter to me. I have 5 kids and if one gets sick (which is rare) then all of them have already been exposed. They share rooms and cups and clothes and space. They sit right on top of each other all day long. It's impossible to stop a cold from spreading through them.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• No, sick child gets quarantined!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 9:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010