If you had a c-section....

How long did it take for it to heal??
Did you ever have sharp pains around the incision area even after the out side of the incision was healed??
If so how long did they last??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 2:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• i had one with my 2nd daughter and it hurt like hell for weeks on end. i would literally cry when i picked her up and carried her, because she was 10 pounds and the c-section was an emergency so they didn't take their time trying to rip her out of me. i did have sharp pains, i had burning pains, i even had goo ooze from the scar.

with my 3rd daughter & 2nd c-section, i was up and on my feet, doing laundry and going for walks around the block, about 4 days later. i felt great after that one. not a single burn or sharp pain. that cesarean was planned, and they were not as rushed to get her out of me.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I have had 3 c-sections and yes, those pains take a while to go away. My last c-section was 20 months ago and I still am tender there if I get bumped. There is alot that goes on there when you have a c-section.
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• after 6 months no pain , it was healed and still had some pains ,
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I had a c-section two years ago. I think it took about six weeks to heal to the point where it didn't bother me...I don't know if that makes sense but I don't get sharp pains anymore. I have a nasty keloid though (runs in my family). It makes it itch like CRAZY!
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 2:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i had three c-sections. mine hurt at incision and around for up to 6mos. the first hurt the most. ive been told its nerve endings and healing. as long as the incision has closed all the way and there is no infection.
    witchypoo1228

Answer by witchypoo1228 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I agree with witchypoo.. I have only had one c-section but it hurt for a month, and still some sharp pains afterwards...now though because my nerve endings have been damaged I'm numb around there and it doesn't hurt.

It takes a long time to heal, its a major surgery.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I just had my 5th c-section in July and hurt for about 2 weeks and then was sore for another week and then just slightly sore for another month (if I did too much). Now I feel fine (he's 5 months today). Each one was different. With some of the other ones I did get sharp pains. I had an adhesion with my 4th so every time I stretched it pulled on that and I felt like I was pulling my insides apart. Had a bladder adhesion after the 1st so when I was pregnant with the 2nd every time my bladder got full I got stabbing pains. Not fun.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I can't remember how long it hurt, it's been almost 4 years since the last one ( I had 3). But I have a high pain tolerance and can usually handle most things, so it probably wasn't for long. I can tell you, though, that around my scar is all numb though. Can't feel it if I have an itch.
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 9:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2010