Acting like a child

My twins' dad refuses to talk on the phone, preferring to text instead. He feels that is enough contact for 8 year olds who don't know how to use a cell phone. He wants to have them for a weekend, and I told him if he doesn't call or pick up the phone, he won't get directions to the new house. Is that wrong? I don't feel its age-appropriate for a 40 year old man to text exclusively like a 14 year old girl.

sweet29mom

Asked by sweet29mom at 2:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• LOL, I won't text with my 20 year old son. I WANT to hear his voice. You might want to decide if you WANT to hear twins' dad's voice or not. Good luck. I know it's "the thing"....but I don't HAVE to do it!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I think from what you've said about this man, he's lucky he lets you see these kids.. Texting is fine for how is it going or what are you doing I miss you but for scheduling a meeting, he should call !
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I think you are totally correct. Text messaging for 8 year olds is not enough contact. He needs to pick up the phone and call to talk to them! And yes, if he wants to arrange a visit, I would say yes, he needs to call you to do so!
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 2:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• wow what a baby. tell him to pick the phone or no go!
    mybabiesmom1

Answer by mybabiesmom1 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• 2 people acting like a child here. You think he's wrong, so you're going to punish him by not giving him directions to pick up his children to spend time with? Yes, you're acting like a child.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• He would rather text to his children than talking to them by phone? I think this is weird. Why don't both of you meet at a neutral place and talk about it face to face. Maybe he has something to hide.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2010