SIL

my SIL started to hate last year for no good reason she went to my husband her brother n slagged me off he didnt even do anything to defend me so yeah, i did become a bitch to her but you dont slag me off without reason, she just sent him a comment on fb asking if she sent our daughter a present would it get thrown away it was like an hour ago n he replied saying no she then said she is only sending her something and him a card, truth is i have never had a bad word about her n now he has says to me that if we ever do go n meet her i have to prove myself as a parent cos she thought i ignored my daughter, WTF why should i have to prove jack shit to her n i told her ages ago she is never to set foot near my daughter n then she keeps asking my husband when she is going to meet her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• eye rolling

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• What the heck is slag or slagged? And a period might come in handy once in awhile.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• WOW! Where does she get off?!?!
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would have more of a problem with my husband for not defending me and then telling me that I have to PROVE myself as a parent to ANYONE! I wouldn't worry about my SIL. What others think should not matter. You know in your heart what kind of a parent you are.
    lvncntry

Answer by lvncntry at 2:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• slag or slagged is another term for bitching about someone, i just dont know what to do about it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Of course, I've had a number of relatives take a hating to me, which is completely fine with me, mostly because it doesn't affect me in any way, it stirs up horrible feelings in their bodies not mine, and it is frankly none of my business what they do with the insides of their own heads, even if they THINK it has my name on it.

If your sister in law feels that you have slighted her, I would certainly look no further than your fantastic family communication style for an explanation, rather than the rather unsupportable statement that there is 'no reason.' Perhaps it is no reason you'd start treating someone badly, or no reason you think is reasonable or no reason you agree with, or even no reason you would ever understand --that doesn't make it 'no reason at all.' It's her reason, and it's clearly good enough for her.

The fun thing to do in these situations is to be extremely, properly and horrifically polite at all times.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I hate inlaws...I have a MIL who will never come near my child or future children!! If you didnt do anything to her thank you dont need to prove to her your a good parent screw that !
    mkak3

Answer by mkak3 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• thats what i told my husband i dont have to prove anything n why should, he dont come home from work to find her half starved n screaming for food, he might come home n find her screaming but thats normal for babies to scream for no reason, i dont want my MIL near this one im carrying cos even after 2 hours of having like breakfast n her milk she would be feeding my daughter more milk again when she just needed a bottle of water or juice so she is constantly hungry
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• HMMMMM!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would have sent the SIL a message stating that if she couldn't get off her high horse then she couldn't see her neice. For the past year my own SIL has been talking badly about me, and my MIL lets her live with her. So neither my MIL nor my SIL has seen my kids and until they apologize for their behavior (my MIL for selling our van despite the obvious need that we have for it and for letting her daughter get in the way of having a meaningful relationship with her grandchildren). Set your foot down, these are YOUR children, not just his.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 4:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2010