after all this and I still get told my marriage wont work out.....

My husband and I met in high school we also got married when I was still in high school ( he is 2 years older than me ) ... I was 17, but we knew we wanted to get married then and after long talks with our parents we had a nice wedding in the summer..... a little over a year later we got pregnant with our first baby ( 2nd baby caem 3 years later) .... I still graduated before I had her and still had straight A's .... My husband has the same great job and we have more income than most people, especially where we live.... we have never had a problem in our marriage except little disagreements here and there but we have never gone to bed angry, we have never been disrespectful to each other.... we dont feel the need to go out and party and think we missed out on anything, we spend our time doing family activites, my husband volunteers to coach kids t-ball and basketball so next year when our daughter is old enough to join he can be her coach, we bought our house next to the elem. school so I could walk the kids to school, and i drive a mini van... I mean does that sound like a teen mom who made mistakes ?.... we both believe we have a wonderful life and wouldnt change anything.....

SO I am so baffled at why we still have people commenting on our lives ( people who we run into from high school or others that knew us back then) ...

We are about to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary in June, we own a beautiful vintage house that we rebuilt together, we have 2 wonderful kids...and yet we had a teacher that we had in school ( ran into her at the store) ... comment on how she couldnt believe we are still together and that she has always looked in the newspaper for our divorce filling..Really ? Why would you say that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm so glad we disappointed you!
    CATsMom362

Answer by CATsMom362 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Don't worry about people like that. It was the same way with DH and I (btw, you and your DH are a lot more financially stable than we are--kudos for having a good head on your shoulders). People didn't think we would last either, because we met online. We've been together for 12 years, married for 7 1/2. We have our ups and downs but we have a good relationship. People no longer tell us that, but in the beginning they did and it was annoying, but we ignored it.

Anyway, the woman was just ignorant. You can't stop ignorance, but you can ignore it (no pun intended).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• WOW!! I would let those people get you down!!! You should be proud of his and your accomplishments!!!! You sound like you are doing awesome!!! you keep living your happy life and watch them gwak at how happy you two are!!! Congrats by the way!!!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 2:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I think it's one of those cases where some people are miserable in their own lives and can't fathom the happiness others might have. Just brush it off.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• wow...congrats...I have had a lot of people tell me that they are supprised that i am still married to DH because we only knew eachother for 2 months before we got married....and we are going on 3 years now and loving every min of it....like you and your dh we have our little dissagreements but nothing big at all....When you know you know....thats all I can every say to anyone about it....So like I said congrats on your marriage and how well you and your family are doing. That is wonderful. =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• That is weird and very rude.

More than likely people are so unhappy with their day to day lives that they need to bring others down with them.

Sounds like you have a great life. I would have never been ready for your type of life when you were, but that's me. Nothing wrong with knowing what you want and going for it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Don't worry about what people say. It sounds like your doing great and you got lucky enough to find the person you wanna be with young. Anyone who wants to say anything just be happy you proved them wrong. People in high school normally don't end up working out, thats probably why the teacher said something. Or their life is pitiful and they want everyone else to be unhappy to. Congrats to you and your family and don't stress over other people, they aren't worth it.
    shootingstar22

Answer by shootingstar22 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would pray that I never had to see her again...how rude!
    Anonymous

• My husband and I have been married for over 14 years now and still get the same things. It is just people with too much time on their hands and not so great personal lives themselves. I wouldn't worry about what they say. Trust me when I say that it can be more entertainment to discuss with your husband what others are saying about you than letting it upset you. Just keep doing what you both are doing and enjoy the life you have together.
    lvncntry

Answer by lvncntry at 2:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I cannot believe that woman actually said she looks for your divorce!!!

Hubby and I met in AIT (military training) and his DS (drill sargeant) said we would never make it. We did get married and have been for over 8 yrs (met 10+ yrs ago). A couple years ago we ran into that DS (he was now a Chief) and he was surprised to see we were still together. It was funny :)
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 3:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010