Is it really possible to maintain a close friendship with someone when you only talk to that person on the computer?

Countrygirlw3

Asked by Countrygirlw3 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• Most definitely. I'm very good friends with people I've never met in real life. Most of the time we met on one site and then became Myspace friends.

I even met my boyfriend and the father of my baby online :P
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I think so. I have a friend that I never met. We just comunicate through the computer and phone and mail. We have been friends for five years now. We can't wait till the day we meet and when we do I know it's going to be very emotional. I don't think I can really explain to much in words how I feel about her. She is my sister and I love her and it tears us up that we can't be together doing just simple things together with our kids or just us.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My sister met her Dh online they only talked on the computer for a few months, then on the phone like for a year before they met. I even have freinds that I only talk to a couple times a year, but we know that we are always there for eachother and when we get together it is like we were never apart, except when we see how the kids have grown.
    Anonymous

• I think so!
    leahc

Answer by leahc at 7:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• sure! my best friend and I have been best friends since we met on a website about 6 years ago. She was my maid of honor and I'm a bridesmaid in her upcoming wedding! We see each other about once or twice a year.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Absolutley! I met a woman on a Christian blog site. We ended up becoming really close friends chatting through email and instant messenger. We've even met in person, she came down the week we moved into our new house and I went up to Cali to visit her back in April. Nice vacation for me!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I think so. I have "met" women on this site that I talk to all the time and consider them friends at this point. We haven't met in person, but I would love to do that if money weren't an issue.
    Anonymous