Girl...Boy...Help

So I had a ultrasound when I was 28 weeks and the dr said that it was a girl....I just had a ultrasound this last wed night and now they say its a boy...but they have only heard one heartbeat and seen one baby....any expierences with this???

rebel_mommy88

Asked by rebel_mommy88 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They could have been wrong when they said it was a girl... most likely your little boy was hiding his goods lol...

this worries me so much thought because i've always thought i'd have a boy first and they told me it was a girl and i still thought i'd have a boy.. ugh for ultrasounds right?

They say you never know for sure until it comes out...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 5:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i have not but that kinda dumb that at 28 weeks they can't tell if its a boy or girl But yet again it can happen. I made sure the lady didn't read my file(when i had to go for a follow up) that said if it was a boy of girl and i asked "what am i having?" and she said a boy cuz of my fear of that happening.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I hate to tell ya, but you 're having a boy, lol.

I had an ultrasound at 16 weeks saying it was a girl...had an ultrasound at 19 weeks - boy. Went to a 3D ultrasound center...guess what? We got a clear view of his testicles and penis at 20ish weeks.

If you can afford it, definitely go to one of those ultrasound centers that offer 3D/4D ones. Those are the only ones you can see clearly.
    meitaimom679

Answer by meitaimom679 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• usaully when they say girl its either a girl or if its a boy they cant see his peepee yet so if they said a boy 2nd time around its 90% a boy... they told me up till the day they were born 2 kids were girls n they arent lol..
    mommyny6

Answer by mommyny6 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• When they are looking for parts, they are either looking for penis/testicles with the boy or labia for the girl, I have twin girls and every ultrasound they checked the parts. It's obvious to see the labia for a girl. It is fatty tissue so it shows up really white on the screen. For singletons, I don't know what you'd do for ultrasound. At 28 weeks you should know, but with singletons I'd say it's anyone's guess.
    katythemm

Answer by katythemm at 6:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Yep! At 15 weeks I was told it is a girl, and then we had the level 2 done at 20 and it's def a boy!!

http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

Check out that site, great info!
    HippieChick14

Answer by HippieChick14 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• awww.probably f rustrated huh...anxious...if u can get a 3-d ultrasound or simply get anothr one...someone made a mistake!!
    thelook151

Answer by thelook151 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• We were afraid of this happening, so we chose not to find out at all! I had to do a little extra searching to find neutral things that we liked, but it turned out fabulous, and now we're all set for the next baby, no matter what parts s/he has!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2008