Tips for plane traveling with 19 month old.

I will be taking an almost 3 hr. flight with my 19 month old DD by myself. I tried my best to get a time where she might be sleeping. I am bringing a DVD player, snacks, drinks and her favorite teddy. Anything else? What can help me make this as pleasant as possible?

ANGIE613

Asked by ANGIE613 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• TSA is a joke so only take what you are sure you will need in your carry on. It takes a bit longer to get through security with a toddler. I would gate check my stroller (you will want it at the airport) and you might have to ask TSA for help getting it through security. At some airports they arent allowed to help unless you ask. Also, buy your liquid once you are through security. I would just take an empty sippy cup that way you dont have to wait while they check your liquids. This will save time and hassle. Buy a new board book that has flaps your baby can open. I might even buy two new ones. I know that would keep my daughter busy for a while as she loves books.. And remember dont take to much stuff to carry on. YOu will regret it. This is the voice of experience talking. I once traveled to texas and back in the same day alone with my daughter who was 11 months at the time.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 3:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Looks like you got everything planned out perfect. Really try to go at her nap/bedtime
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Small magna doodle
    Playdough
    Take a penny and put it in your hand and have her guess. She can play too.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• If get cold a lot of planes are not giving out blankets. so that Is one thing I would take. Also something like a pacifier, bottle, stucker, to use during landing and taking off to help with their ears. And a special animal and treats.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2010