when is a good time to have a second baby?

I haven't talked about it with my husband yet It's been on my mind alittle lately My baby girl is 6 months and to see her with other kids she just looks at them amazed and i thought wow i'd like another one, She's a great baby but she's only 6 months old, I wonder if there are other people who thoguth or have done the same thing ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Whenever you and your husband feel ready!! I know many moms that have kids close together and love it. As for me my son is two and I am just starting to think anout if I want another.
    Anonymous

• Well, I'mm definately not thinking about it, but my mom got pregnant with my younger sister when I was 8 months old and she said it was terrible. She hadn't healed emotionally from having your first baby, and then had another one! [Of course it didnt help either that my TWIN brothers were born another 2 years after that] But you really dont want 2 BABIES. Think about changing 2 diapers for every one you do now....lol. Also, there is a healthy number of months you should wait before becoming pregnant again. I don't remember what it is though....I'd look it up.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I LOVE babies!! I had 4 of them! LOL But I have never understood why women plan to have them close enough that they have two babies in diapers at the same time.
    Anonymous

• I am planning to have mine kids 15 months apart so I will be getting pregnant when my DD is 6 months old. I think its perfectly fine, as long as you feel like you're ready. Go for it. I want mine close together because I want them to be able to grow up together
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I also run the risk of having twins would you wait longer if you were in my shoes???
    Anonymous

• yea you should wait a lil bit hun.
    Anonymous

• We are waiting until our girls are three or four. That way they are old enough to know what is going on, what is okay/not okay with a new baby (or babies) and maybe they might even want to help out a little. I was 5 1/2 when my sister was born, so when I graduated high school she was still in middle school, and now that I'm married with a family she's not even in high school yet. I think 5 1/2 years is too long but three to four should be good.
    katythemm

Answer by katythemm at 6:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• IMO wait until your daughter is at least beginning potty training i mean do you REALLY want 2 babies in diapers??? And being so close together isn't ALWAYS a good thing my sister and I are 10 months apart and we hated each other growing up we never got along. Sure now we are best friends but until i was about 17 we didn't get along at all.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• If you are ready, but it is a BIG decision that changes a lot. We had our second when our first was 3 and a half. We wanted him to be potty trained and going to school so he would have time out of the house making friends. I love my youngest, but his personality is complete 360 of his brothers as well. Clay as a baby was very laid back, liked to play by himself, curious, but listened. Noah is high maintenance, stubborn, thinks the word no is a challenge and not good with other kids.

So although you may have a good baby this time the next time around it could be harder, making you wish you waited longer. But it is something that you should do when you are BOTH ready.
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 7:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• There isn't really a definitive answer to this, it all depends on you. One thing I can tell you, though: the risks of having a premature baby is a LOT higher when you have them too close together. My sister-in-law discovered this after she got pregnant and was really scared.

The majority of people seem to try to have their kids 2 years apart, but it doesn't always work as planned: sometimes they're ultra-competitive and can't stand each other! The best sibling relationship I've EVER seen is actually between my nephew and niece, and he was 8 when she was born!

I'm excited to have another baby, but also know that it could be a completely different story the next time around, especially when I can't focus all of my attention on the new baby. I want to finish breastfeeding this one before the next one starts growing in me. That, and I want to have money set aside should bed rest or something come up.

KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2008