How much money can u make and still get SSI for a child?

how much money can u my husband and i make and still get SSI for our son? we are a family of 5... just wanted to check and see...

my child has aspergers just want to make sure he keeps his benefits so he can keep going to therapy ex.

laura_mae99

Asked by laura_mae99 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• i think about 3000-4000 but i'm not positive. we are only a family of 4
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Our family gets SSI for our disabled son. Anytime we make more than $2,000 per month, they cut the check by a certain amount. You need to contact the SSI office your area, because the amount people get is different in each state. Good luck!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I don't think it matters for a disabled child. Adults are allowed 2,500 a month total in 2 accounts, one car and one house.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I don't know as much about the salary limit, but I know the asset limit is 2K. They don't count one vehicle towards that amount, but if you have 2 cars and the other is worth at or more than 2K then you won't qualify. Also, if you have any savings, investments or other accounts it is counted towards that 2K limit.

Answer by missanc at 3:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would talk to the social security board to find out what their limits are.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 11:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• If u have more than 1 child it doesnt matter i have a full time job and make good money but before i had my 2cd child they were always adjusting the check amount but now that i had my second they just ask for pay stubs and that i receive food stamps but it doesnt matter ur pay rate u have other kids to take care of too :) may god bless him and ur family
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 4:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• SSI income limits, while set by federal law, are adjusted based on the cost of living in your state, so your best bet would be to contact your local SS office.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2010