Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Years ago, I had my daughter on medi-cal...I never mentioned anything about her father because I thought they would go after him for support or something even though we were together. If you are unmarried and go on medi-cal, with a live in boyfriend, can they legally go after him for support or anything? Just curious, because I hear conflicting stories between various pregnant friends.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Health

Answers (1)
  • I wouuld say if he lives with you then he is there and he is doing for the child because he is there. If not then he will have to pay something. When I got assitance They asked if the dad lived in the home. They started to look for him because he didn't and was not helping.

    Answer by LADYA1983 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.