How did you explain to your 4 yr old where a baby comes from???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son and I watched it on tv ( I think on the old Phil Donohue show) so he told everyone I pooped his sister out! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 3:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I said, when the mommy and daddy love each other, the daddy helps put the baby in the mommy. No one ever questioned that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I said "Girls bodies have a special nest inside them just for growing babies. People don't have eggs to keep thier babies safe while they are growing like birds do so babies stay inside thier mommies body until they are big enough to come out".

I had a c-section so it was easy for me to show him my scar and say the the Dr. gave me a special shot so it wouldn't hurt, then he cut my belly open, took you out, and sewed me back up.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Actually we just told him there was a baby in my tummy and he never asked how he got there or why... lol Lucky us. Then one day he just said, "the doctor has to get my baby brother out?" and I said, "yes she does." Again that was the end of it. Apparently he didn't really care about specifics. lol
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I am 6 almost 7 weeks pregnant so my dd didn't ask me until just a couple weeks ago se is 5.5 so I just told her that jesus put the baby in mommys belly. She never asked more about it
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Just say mommys tummy. 4 Is a little to young to explain the birds and the bees
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My 4 yo never asked how her brother got in my tummy. She just knows that's where he came from for now.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• we just say we bought it at the hospital..lol!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 4:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• truthfully and in words they can understand.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 4:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• my 4 year old never asked,. she just knows hes inmy belly. my 8 year old on the other hand when i was pregnant with my four year old asked alot of questions. she asked how she was going to get out, how she got in there, i just kept as simple as possible until she asked if she could come with me when the baby came out. then i had her watch a video at that point she said she never wanted to see that again.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2010