My daughter is 2 1/2 and every time you get out the camera to take a picture she throws a fit. The last good studio pictures we got were from last christmas. I am so fed up with fightling her I stoped taking her all together. I really want to get a nice family picture done. Does anyone have any suggestions????

KPlunk

Asked by KPlunk at 3:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I hate the studio pictures. Just get her laughing, tickle her. Have her play with a toy she loves, eating a cookie. The un-posed, truly happy pictures are so much cuter. Take a ton, you'll get a good one. Also, zoom in on her face.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yes. Find a local on-site photographer that will come to you. I do photos here in soCal if you are local. We basically follow the child in their own comfortable environment and get great shots. The sessions are longer and poses aren't forced. Getting family shots is easy as well since the session is not rushed and the photog can sit & wait for the child to glance at the camera.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You could ask her why she doesn't like it. Each toddler has their tiff about certain things, and it can be frustrating. You could offer an incentive for being good possibly showing her prior to going, if you go and listen we will hurry as fast as we can to get it done and you will get your treat for bearing through something.

When you're there and she is being good PRAISE her.... whens she's bad re-direct her.

Good luck
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 3:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I have tried doing my own pictures. asking her why she dosnt want to do them. My cousin tried to take pictures of her himself and that didnt work either. people say she will grow out of it but I feel like she is never going to. I mean we are going on a year already!!
    KPlunk

Comment by KPlunk (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• get her a camera of her own to play with so she gets more comfortable with it.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 3:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I agree with PP. Find a photographer that will come to you. Your toddler will be so much more relaxed at home, and they can take their time. Studios always have a time limit or frame limit. We took DD to have a professional picture done for her 1st birthday, and I take better pictures of her. And recently we had her headshots done, and the photographer, who is a friend of mine, stayed 5 hours, let me change her, we all had lunch, he engaged her in the shoot, and we have some AMAZING pictures of her.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Never underestimate the power of bribery. ' If we get a really pretty picture we can go out for Ice cream but you have to smile and be happy first.'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Will a sedative work? Bad joke, scratch that! Might try holding her while the pictures are being taken?fingers crossed

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 4:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• my daughter was that way until 4 and we just held off because it was to stressful on everyone. We finally had our first family photo done in the fall before she turned 5 and it was great.
    karensue65

Answer by karensue65 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• maybe she doesn't like the flash.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2010