Boil on the butt?

My bf dd (3) has a boil on her butt. It burst and they went to the doc. and he put her on meds and is testing for infection. She says that she thinks that they are heredatry?(spelling??) Have you ever heard that? Or do you know what causes them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Health

• It's a Staph infection and is very painful! It's also very contagious! She will need to be on antibiotics
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 6:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Both my daughter and I get them. amydh is right. The only way to prevent them is to know when they are starting adn take precautions. If you need to know more detailed info then msg me. I know all the tricks!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• And yes. They are hereditary. You can even catch them by sexual contact. Thats when I started getting mine. My bf and his ex had them and when we slept together it was passed to me. Therefore passing it to my dd in-utero (sp)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• The butt is the most common place to get them too!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I didn't know boils were contagious,I know sometimes boils are mistaken with herpes,which is very contagious.I was hospitalzed twice for boils,I was given antibotics,also the boil had to be packed everyday with glauze and medication(very painful),even when,I went home,a visiting nurse had to come do the treatments.Boils are very painful,please never try to burst a boil yourself,this will cause more infection and pain.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Friends daughter had the same thing...staph. Also, on butt. It took a while to clear up.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2008