Should Jan Brewer get more federal money to pay for transplants patients??

“How many people have to die before you are prepared to reverse your decision on the transplant operations?” seemed like the obvious question.

She said she thought that was unfair and started to explain how dire the state’s financial situation is. If people are so worried about the transplant patients then they should ask the federal government in Washington to send us more money, she said. But she would not explain to me, or to any Democrats in the state capitol, what she has done with the nearly $200 million she was already given in ‘stimulus funds’ to spend on anything she liked.

While suggesting that Arizonans should request more federal funding, Brewer openly vilifies a law — the Affordable Care Act — that provides exactly that. The health care law’s Medicaid expansion will foot 100 percent of the bill for states to expand until 2016 and 90 percent after 2020. However, to receive this funding, states have to maintain current eligibility levels in Medicaid and CHIP, something Brewer does not wish to maintain. And despite being well-aware of Arizona’s need for the health care law’s financial support, Brewer remains an outspoken champion of its full-scale repeal. In other words, Brewer is telling transplant advocates to ask for a helping hand she fully intends to bite.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 3:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• When there arent enough contributors into the system looking forward- in the LONG TERM- who pays??? Where does the line get drawn? As much as you might wish~ there is no money tree. And with increasingly MORE federal mandates added to a program largely funded by the ( already broke) states~ WHO pays? Because the Feds are picking up the tab in the short term, should she just accept that this will hurt the state financially in the long run? So, your solution- do it now and don't worry about the cost issues that will occur in 2016? And beyond 2016~ what are states expected to pay? If this is your solution-reminder: that is the mentality that got our nation in financial turmoil to begin with.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Grly

Where do you see my solution printed?

Where in my Q did I suggest anything?v

Why not try answering for yourself and stop assuming know anything about my thoughts, K?
    sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I asked a question. Actually, a series of questions. That is how a discussion works. So, please...... Discuss. ;)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Op. Let's simplify it for you. First, do YOU agree with Brewer? Why or why not
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

•  So, your solution- do it now and don't worry about the cost issues that will occur in 2016?

Why would you assume my solution is anywhere near that? Worry about YOUR answer,.....I asked the question....I will not turn this into another back and forth with grly

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• But she would not explain to me, or any Democrat.

When did you talk to Jan Brewer, Sweet?

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• When did you talk to Jan Brewer, Sweet?

Notice the QUOTES DEAR...it isn't ME
    sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• So, what's your opinion of your OWN question, I answered with questions to better understand where you are coming from. Why won't you answer them? They are reasonable questions that pertain to the link you copied and pasted. So, op. Where do you stand?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Jan Brewer is so shady. They need to get rid of her. She needs to comply with the rules so that her state gets the funds that are allocated to each state. She has people begging her to change this. Actual people will die unless this happens. Don't tell me about a money tree running dry. Let's collect more money then. I hope the same people that agree with what she is doing, never have to face this situation, or none of their loved ones have to face it. We will just have to tell you sorry the money tree ran out, too bad for you.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I thought Democrats wanted everyone to have free health care? Why bitch about this? I wouldn't bother asking if I were her because i'm sure transplants will soon be unavailable to 90% of Americans if Obama care isn't repealed
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2010