Is my 7 weeks old schedule normal? He is eating 3-4 ounces of formula every 3 hours even at night. It seems like many other babies eat more and sleep longer at night. I have tried to get him to eat more at night so he can sleep longer but he just won't do it. Normal?

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 6:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My guy at that age was up about every 2 to 3 hours for bottle. He's 6 months now and he can go sometimes 5 hours at night without waking up for a bottle.
    Anonymous

• My DD eats the same amount at every feeding. If I give her more than her 3oz she won't take it cause she gets too full. She is on 3oz every 4 hours even at night.
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• What is normal for your baby is what he likes, not what is normal for the rest of us. If he is growing good, eating good, and sleeping good. Good. Talk to your pedi about any other questions but I say as long as those conditions are being met you are doing good for your baby. :)
    katythemm

Answer by katythemm at 6:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• he still needs to eat every three hours or so even at night because their metabolism is very fast and they digest food more quickly.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Normal for your baby, yes. They all hear their own drummer and march to his own beat, but most end up in the same place eventually. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Yup normal. Babies do what they have to do. My baby ate 4 oz. every two hours for like the first 8 weeks and then switched to every 3 hours - which she is still doing at 10 mths.
    Cafe Suzanne

Answer by Cafe Suzanne at 7:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Neither formula nor cereal will help a child sleep through the night, OLD WIVE"S TALE!!! Feed baby when baby is hungry, that is normal.

Anonymous