What's the best position for conceiving?

We have been trying for almost a year to get preggers; I'm wondering if it's the positioning of when he cums; maybe it's just not reaching the target!!! We have a 5 year old son so I know that the plumbing works!! but my body is not cooperating on the 2nd try. Any advice? Also, my last period was on Halloween; will I ovulate 14 days after that?

Jerseymom1228

Asked by Jerseymom1228 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Missionary
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 6:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• missionary and i put my feet up so my pelvis was titled back for about 15 min to help the little guys go in the right direction...
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 6:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• LOL I also lifted my self up in the air like the girl above. And low and behold we got pregnant. We also had sex every day for a couple weeks around the ovulation time. Ha looking back, I also hung upside down off the side of the bed a few times.....letting gravity do its work too. Funny looking back on it.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Isn't it amazing what women will do? Thanks for the responses!I think the initial problem is that hubby works late most nights; he's in construction and I can't blame him for being tired. I told him to have a strong cup of coffee when he gets home!
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Not too much coffe though...it is not good for the little guys! Also, you may not ovulate on day 14. Usually it is 10 to 14 days after so have lots of sex on days 9 thru 15! Good luck!
    zackkatiejames

Answer by zackkatiejames at 8:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I suggest putting a pillow under your hips. This way he hits the target and you are comfortable while he's doing it. lol Worked for me ;) Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Ok you will laugh but I have proof she's 4. Ok I learned about the coffee to help his swimmers out make him drink it 30 mins before sex (might I add I forgot that, and oops guess whose pg now ughh). Newhoo, he thought this one up he would cum and stay in me for as long as he could then I would do like the other women and legs in air against the wall I would try to get my butt as far up there as I could as stay there for atleast 15 mins. Quit dushing, and quit tinkling right after sex. Keep on prenatals. Don't have sex every day but every other day (and that includes him with himself lol) he has to let it build up otherwise there weeker. I wrote a paper on this its on a.c. Goodluck. I tried every position.
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 12:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• OK, we just did the deed; I stayed with my legs up in one position for about 10=15 minutes! keep your fingers crossed!
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2008