S/O WBC question... Why do people never picket for positive things?

I have never seen a picket line for a positive reason... Unless it's a "counter" picket for a negative reason... I mean, seriously, why don't we ever see pickets or "protests" out there promoting love or peace? I know I missed the 60's, but maybe they had it right... I would happily join a group that just preached peace, love & happiness... Where are these? I'll hand out flowers & hugs!

**Sorry, my brain is on the "way over due mommy fritz" and this is the stuff that swirls around in there...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You know what?

...

I have no idea! That is a very interesting question! lol!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I missed out on them too... we can start one of those of you want, I will join you.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Maybe because some folks would feel like they were singling them out for NOT being what they were "protesting"

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I think it's because people yell loudest about negative things.

I've told my DH that I would have liked to have been a hippie. *sigh*
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Don't people picket for their political candidates?
    Voicing your opinion is a positive thing.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 4:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• We had a "Picket for Peace" at my college every spring. It was a silent picket. All signs and candles, no talking.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 5:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• What a great idea, I'd go to one of those too.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Well, they still do, but they call them rallys and, unfortunately, they are usually for political candidates who couldn't put a square peg in the right hole! Or for their favorite sports teams. I was a teen in the 60's and I kind of liked the sit-ins and demonstrations for love and peace as well as the flowers put in the barrels of the guns that the National Guard was pointing at them. We just aren't that innocent and naive anymore!!! So sad!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2010