are you german? like from germany ? i really need help please? :)

my husband is half german.. his mom is german/dad is american. anyway. he wants me to make schnitzel and saur braten with knodel? and maybe german potato salad .. like the american style kind im talking real german sytle .. i really want it to taste authentic ... hes from the bayern area ? can anyone help me? please give me tips and recipes on how to do this stuff? im sooo desperate .. thanks in advance <3

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• http://www.kitchenproject.com/html/GBcoffee.html
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I am not from Germany so I will be of no use. I hope you can find a good source. Good luck to you.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 4:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• :'( tears and sighs...
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Here is a good recipe for sauerbraten. Make sure to read the reviews for tips! You can register as a member of Cook's Illustrated to see how to make the best pork schnitzel. Cook's Illustrated also has a recipe for spaetzle

evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Wolfgang Puck gives a recipe for knodel here, and there's another one here. Or does he want potato knodel? Wolfgang Puck gives a recipe for weinerschhnitzel with potato salad here.

evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• http://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/europe/german/
    this is my favorite recipe web site!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Good Luck:)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:25 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I'm part German....but the only German thing I've ever made from scratch was Sauer Kraut....so I'm of no use to you there. I will say that the site ChefJen posted is AWESOME, though. LOVE that site =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 12:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2010