Do you Fondue?

DH and I are looking into getting a fondue pot. We love the melting pot and want to have our own fondue nights w/o breaking the bank. What's the best kind of pot to use? What kind of stock or oil do you cook your meat in? What's your favorite cheese or chocolate recipe?

Winter1derland

Asked by Winter1derland at 4:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have a nice fondue pot that plugs in. I LOVE it. We generally use it for Bagna Cauda. It is an Italian dip made with anchovies, garlic and olive oil. It sounds gross, but is soo good. We use all kinds of veggies and bread for the dippers.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• after falling in love w/ the melting pot restaurant we've owned (and then donated/given away) several fondue pots. their pots, oil, food, etc is just so exceptional..... I could not recreate anything even close
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• We do fondue on Christmas Eve.. Chocolate fondue.. yum, with pineapple, grapes, strawberries, marshmallows
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:25 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• havent yet ..but does sound yummy
    Jkat

Answer by Jkat at 10:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes! In the winter, we fondue a couple of times a month. Send me a message offlist if you would like a couple of yummy recipes.

We have awesome fondue pots from the '70s (one is avocado green, and one is burnt orange; both have the matching forks)

Answer by rkoloms at 9:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2010